The perfect thruster is an amazing movement for strength, power, full-body development and can make a killer conditioning movement when performed correctly. This tutorial will outline how to perform the perfect thruster.
How to Perform the Perfect Thruster
The Thruster Set Up
- Stand with your feet slightly inside shoulder width
- Hands on the bar just outside of shoulder width
- Rest bar on shelf created by shoulders
- Keep your core tight and stabilize by squeezing your glutes.
The Perfect Thruster Execution
- Squat down and perform a full front squat
- Explode up using your legs and create momentum to push press the bar overhead
- Drive your movement through the heels, keeping your body and core tight and under control.
- Drive the bar straight up – moving the head slightly back to make room for the bar to press overhead.
- As you press overhead – your head will come forward slightly.
- Bring the bar back to the starting position. That is 1 rep.